For a long period of time, game developers have provided us with numerous thrilling, interesting, and mind playing games. Some of the games involve complex rules, intricate pieces, and designer boards, while others are played with the company of cards.
What is solitaire?
Any game which is played on a tabletop with cards is called solitaire. There are many versions of solitaire games, but one of its versions is Spider Solitaire which will be discussed here.
Spider Solitaire Card Game
Cards are always at the top priority of people for the best pastime activity. They have been a source of entertainment for folks of all ages. In any case, whether you are alone at home and want to refresh yourself, or you want to have quality time with your friend setting a competitive card game, just pick up a deck of cards, and throw them on the table, and there you go.
Card games are an important way of increasing your cognitive skills. As they not only do provide entertainment but involve intense mental activity and play. The game demands from you to make strategies and play skillfully. For instance, when you face a block or are left with no more moves, you have to find out where you went wrong. This calls for and strengthens your problem identification and problem-solving skill.
It is obvious that what you practice most, you get better at that thing. The same goes for card games. The more you play them, the faster you become its expert. At the end of learning, you are not only to apply strategies to games but also in real-life situations as well.
Spider Solitaire – what you want to know is all below
What is Spider Solitaire?
It is a card game that has become famous since the time Microsoft Windows introduced it into our PCs. There are several applications and websites available which command all versions of PC operating systems and mobile phones. Moreover, Spider Solitaire can also be played online.
There are hundreds of other versions of Solitaire games like Crescent Solitaire, Freecell, etc but Spider Solitaire is its most commonly used version of the current era. Levels of the game usually range from very easy to very difficult but you can opt for any according to your mental capability or level.
You can only draw a single card in Spider Solitaire 1 Suit. But in Spider Solitaire 2 Suit, two cards can be drawn at the same time. Similarly, in Spider Solitaire 3 Suit and Spider Solitaire 4 Suit, you can draw 3 and 4 cards respectively. The other feature of the game is that it allows you to play with single-colored cards. Moreover, the game can be played with 52 cards or 104 cards.
The goal of the game
The target of the play free Solitaire Card game is to get all the four sets of 13 cards into a pile at the top. The first card of each pile should be Ace then it should continue in descending order up to the king. You win the game only when you collect and complete all the 13 suits.
What are the rules of the Spider Solitaire Game?
Every game has its own rules and standard that distinguishes a winner from the loser. Without know-how of the rules, you can’t win the game. Spider Solitaire may look a little bit different from other play card games but it is quite easy to play once you learn to hold it. The rules for this game are described below;
- There are usually three main areas in the Spider Solitaire game;
- The deck
- The foundation or empty slots
- The tableau from where you will choose and move cards
- The deck will show you a new card every time when you press on it. From the deck, you can move the card to the foundation or the tableau.
- The foundation usually has 8 empty slots. These slots must be filled with 8 sets of cards.
- The tableau will show you 8 revealed cards under some hidden cards. So, when you move the last revealed card to another place, the hidden card will automatically reveal itself.
- If you are having and playing an online game, you should also notice the timer and scoreboard.
- You can only select a single card at a time and move it around.
- You can move any card under another card but only of immediate higher value. For example, card 7 can only be placed under 8.
- If you are playing with the single-colored feature of solitaire, then black cards can only be moved under black cards. But if you are playing with two colors, black cards can only be placed under red-colored cards or vice versa. It makes the gameplay level even more difficult to play.
More strict rules of the game
- When you gained more experience with games or are more comfortable while playing, you can increase the number of cards from one set of 52 to 104 (double set).
- The main objective of the game is to arrange the cards in the ascending order from Ace to King, on the foundation or the empty slots. But keep in mind, only the cards belonging to the same group can be placed together.
- When you lift the cards from the tableau to anywhere you want, you will get closer to the unrevealed cards. And when you lift the last one from the revealed cards, the unrevealed card under it will show itself.
- When all the movable cards have been finished, draw another card from the deck.
- In some specific versions of the game, when you click on the deck, new cards are shown up. More interestingly, these shown up cards get added directly to the bottom of each slot on the tableau. In such type of cases, the cards may not be of lower value than the one before them. This trick increases the difficulty of the game.
How to play Spider Solitaire???
- Now as you have gone through all the rules, you must learn how to play this game. So let’s start with the ways of playing this game. It includes the following;
- So when you begin to play the game, an empty foundation will appear before you with 9 revealed cards in the tableau, and one card next to the deck.
- You will have to find it yourself if any card is movable or not.
- So, when you have found the Ace, move it to the empty foundation slot. If you find a card of a higher number belonging to the same group, keep adding on top of it.
What is the scoring system of the game?
When you get the scoring system involved in the game, its difficulty highly increase. Here is how a scoring system works;
- When the game begins, the score is usually already set on the scoreboard.
- Each time you lift a card or make a move, some points are deducted from the score on the scoreboard.
- This thing clarifies this fact that you must make as few moves as possible to win the game.
- When you complete each slot, you will get more points.
- There are also such versions of the games that come with an undo option. This ‘undo option’ may reveal new cards to you, but the downside is that it is also counted as one move or step. Thus, using the undo option deducts points from your scoreboard.
- Another effective way to beat the system is by playing more games. The more you practice a game, the more it gets easier for you. Eventually, you will need less time and moves comparatively to win the game when you start to play more.
- There is also a thing that some solitaire games have different scoring systems, and instead of deducting points for moves you make, these scoring systems allow you more points for a correct move.
What’s a secret strategy to win the game???
The main goal of the game is to get all the cards in the suggested arrangement on the foundation. For that, your purpose should be to show up all the lower value cards. You also must make as few moves as possible to win the game.
Spider Solitaire Card Game By Heatfeed
As, everything has gone virtually done, so for the game is. That was a time in the past when people used to play games with hands especially card games. But now you can play card games like Spider Solitaire online on your PC or mobile device.
heatfeed.com/spider-solitaire/ is a website that is designed for those who can’t get much of the game or aren’t much good at playing it. This website offers two versions of the game;
- Normal Mode
- Easy Mode
It displays only one card from the suit at a time
It usually displays three cards at a time and makes the game more difficult
How does this website work?
- When you get entered into the site, you will see two options on the screen with the easy and normal playing
- So if you select the easy mode only one card from the suit will show itself – when you enter the easy mode you will be directed to another page that will look like this;
- At the top left of the screen, there is the deck of the cards. When you click on the deck a card will be revealed to you. There is no defined sequence for the display of the cards – they appear randomly.
- When you move one card from the tableau, a new card will be shown up to you
- At the bottom of the game screen, you will find three empty slots, one filled with Ace of Diamond Cards. Now you have to fill all the slots with 4 sets, starting with the Ace and ending with King.
At the top right of the screen’s display, 5 red boxes usually appear with different signs.
- The first option is to change the display screen to full size
- The second icon is to restart the game. It is aimed at the point that If at any stage in the game, you feel that you cannot carry it further or you have reached your last stroke, you can use this button to start the game. This icon will refresh the game and the timer will again start from zero and on the same side decrease your score as well.
- The third icon of the displayed row which is denoted by a question mark is for help. If you can’t get that on how to proceed with the game or play it you can click on this button to get some help.
- The fourth button is to set the notification’s sound or the music of the game. If you don’t want to have a sound with each move of the card then you can turn off this option for that sake.
- The last and fifth button is to quit the game.
What are the features that appear in Free Spider Solitaire?
Layout: There are usually two layouts for the game – Normal mode and Easy Mode. In the Normal mode, you are meant to play with 3 cards on the deck. It means, with one click on the deck you get 3 cards on the display. But in easy mode, there is only one card displayed on the screen.
Interface: The interface of the game is incredibly smooth. The smooth interface means when you move any card around it looks and feels like cards are gliding on the surface. The design of the web is that type that can support any type of browser. When you click on the deck, with a quick move a new card appears.
Options: The website provides usually 5 options on the display screen of the game; Music on and off, help button, quit button, replay/restart button, and full-screen option. On the top of the screen, there is a timer, and next to its scoreboard displays itself.
Theme: Till now, there is only one theme of the game in which it comes; that is purple screen background with red-colored cards on the gameplay.
Scoring: The scoring of the game depends on two exclusive factors;
- Time & Moves
The cleverer you play the game, the lesser you make the moves. And ultimately fewer movers enables you to get a higher score. At the same time, you should also keep pace with the timer. The less time you take to complete the game, the more you get the score. But at the start, you are given a bonus of 15 points to start the game.
What makes Spider Solitaire from other games???
Spider Solitaire can be played in several ways. Unlike other versions, this game has different gameplay. In this game’s version, you get a timer to score yourself. After the passage of each minute, 8 points are deducted from your scoreboard. This thing elucidates the fact that while playing you will have to complete the game as little time as possible. With each step or move you take, you get 5+ points.
The scoring system of Free Online Spider Solitaire is far different from other games. In other games, whenever you make a single move, points are deducted from the total score.
This website offers three versions of the game;
- Spider Solitaire 4 suits
- The Spider Solitaire 2 suits
- Spider Solitaire 1 Suit
Spider Solitaire is a doddle game to play and give you a gliding feature while moving cards. It is suitable for people above 10. There are different modes of this game like easy and normal mode offering you 1 and 3 cards on the display respectively. However, in some other versions of the games, when you click on the deck, new cards are shown up and get added to the bottom of every card on the tableau.
Cutting it too short, Spider Solitaire is an online game. Unlike many other paid games’ versions, it is a free spider solitaire game available online.