Let’s be honest, the 80s and the 90s were a great era for Toys. Well, I’m a 90s kid myself and it runs in my veins! You’ll be surprised to know the level of nostalgia I have for THAT era. It’s absolutely ridiculous how much I miss those bright Sunday mornings when my mom used to put Cartoon Network on the TV while I ate a huge bowl of cereal with my siblings, and played with my beloved Toys.
Every generation grows up thinking that their era was the best and their collection of toys is unbeatable, but in the case of the 90s kids, that actually might be true!
I have still got a massive box of my old toys in the attic from my childhood that I spend all day playing with. I’ll be completely honest with you, I still love going through that box every once in a while. It fills me up with nostalgia. I’d be lying if I say that I never popped in some batteries to play with the Mario, Pokemon, and Donekye King set on my Gameboy Color whenever I felt like I needed to take a step back from the ‘real world’. Whenever I think about the good old days, when it rains, when I feel down- it’s nostalgia time.
Toys in recent years might have improved scientifically as well aesthetically, but that doesn’t mean that we have forgotten about the gooey egg-hatching aliens, the Tamagotchis, and the classic trolls. And though the toys nowadays are currently all the hype, we believe that they are no competition to the good old-fashioned retro toys.
We are 100% sure that a lot of you people are nostalgic for the 80s and the 90s. So, just for fun, we have compiled a list of the best 20 Toys from the 80s and 90s that will induce major nostalgia in you!
Are you ready for a fun trip down memory lane? Let’s Go!
- Let’s Go Fishing!
- The colorful bouncy balls you got from the Quarter Vending Machines and Arcades:
- Fashion Plates, One of my personal favorites!
- Did your parents get you a Nintendo Gameboy as a child?
- The classic ‘Master’:
- Crayola Stamper Markers:
- Polly pockets! I ordered this one from eBay and the nostalgia hit so hard:
- The good old Slinky:
- The Fisher-Price Set:
- Do you guys remember POGS? I just found mine from my childhood!
Our memories of our past and youth can change over time if you don’t revisit the memory lane from time to time and also depends on what is going on in our present lives. We might sound biased in this matter but it is safe to say that “the 90s was a better era!”
Perhaps why we say that is because at that time, we felt the happiest and the most alive, without a single care in the world. We human beings tend to get nostalgic over those moments that stood out and where things changed for us. It’s truly a sense of who we are as a person and what we want to become.
- Koosh Balls are back!
- Who can forget the Troll Dolls right?
- The Monster Finger Puppets:
- Nothing says ‘90s’ more than a clear plastic Conair Phone:
- Man I forgot how much I used to love those ‘Flying Gliders’:
- Neon Klickers Clackers:
- Rubber Poppers in every color!
- Of course, the Game of Perfection!
- Master Mickey Look Gift Set that every kid loved!
- The best glow in the dark LEGO Ghosts from the 90s:
Do you have any more fantastic 90s toys in mind? Would like to share them with us? Let us know in the comment section down below!